11 March 2015

Breaking Up, Again.

While I was high, I received a friend request from a former boyfriend.  Maybe it was good that I was high at the time, I'm not sure.  I didn't respond immediately, I wanted to wait until I wasn't just out of surgery.

Kevin and I have a "No exes on the facebook" agreement so my response was a no-brainer.  But, because: human, a person wonders "Well, what could it hurt?" or "But it would be nice to see what's happened."

Then a person thinks about the horror stories of past loves reconnecting via social media and No Thank You.  That is a whole lot of drama that I don't want.

But it's sad too.  It was sweet of him to ask and I hope it means that he's in a good place and not the opposite.   It was kind of like breaking up again, having to say "I'm sorry but you can't be a part of my life anymore", even on a superficial level like social media.


1 comment:

Swistle said...

I read this back when you posted it, but am back again to get the link to your blog, and NOW I feel like commenting.

I would wonder too. I found I immediately tried to think of workarounds. Like, maybe he could friend KEVIN! Or, one of my friends has a joint Facebook account with her husband for this reason (among others): they can be friends with exes, with the full knowledge (their own and also the ex's) that everything they write can be seen by the other spouse. I suppose that's too much trouble to set up just for one ex, but it's the kind of thing I was thinking about. (Because I want an update about him, too!)