16 January 2015

No Christmas Present for Them

I'd forgotten about this happening until it randomly popped in my head again.

On Christmas Eve we went to get coffee with the puppy before we had to leave on our Seattle adventure.  We always take the girls candy on Christmas Eve as a thank you gift.  Kevin handed it to them the candy and we chatted while we waited for our drinks.

We have punch cards that earn free drinks after a certain amount of punches.  Over the holidays and vacation, we usually end up with extra free drink cards.

Kevin is really good at paying it forward.  He will randomly give one of his cards away to the car behind him or the State Patrolman that comes through about the same time as he does.

So, he gestured with one of the free drink cards and said "Should we give this to the car behind us as a Merry Christmas gift?"

Distractedly, I looked in the rear view mirror and said "There's no one behind us."

Kevin sighs, like he does when I'm not paying full attention, and says "I know that but there eventually will be.  So we can do that or should we just say 'eff those guys' and that's what they get for not being here right this minute? Nice. Real nice Christmas attitude."

It was one of those moments that still makes me laugh, weeks later.

1 comment:

Swistle said...

This makes me love both of you more.