19 December 2014

Stop Kicking My Presents

I haven't wrapped any of the Christmas gifts I've bought yet.  This is depressing for all involved.  So, I put a birthday present package under the tree to wait for Friday morning.  Then I went on with my life, doing chores around the house.

Fifteen minutes later, the package is over by Lucy's dog bed because everything on the floor is hers.  She didn't damage it, just moved it. Because she can.

I knew Kevin was coming out in a few minutes so I left it there to show him naughty dog behavior.  

Kevin, not thinking, nudged it with his foot and asked about it.  I told him that the dog moved it there and we tried to remember how she was with presents under the tree last year.  (she left the presents alone mostly, she hates bows)   At the end of the conversation, he scooched it with his foot toward me again (a little harder) and asked where it came from. Then he scooched it AGAIN.

"Um, well, you're kicking my birthday present from BFF K across the floor."

He was so embarrassed, he was speechless.  He thought it was just an empty envelope that Lucy had stolen.  "I'll just pick that up and give it to you now." was about all he could muster.  Then he recovered with "At least it doesn't feel like cookies."  

"Not anymore." I said.

I swear, we should be under constant adult supervision.

No comments: