09 December 2014

So. Much. Stuff.

So much stuff going on.  Sweet baby jesus.

New job is kind of a bummer.  I'm on my second week and so far I'm so borrrrreeeeedddd.  I'll write a little more about that later.

Kevin's mom has been sick for the past few months with C.Diff.  You might recall that I battled that a few years ago.  It took me two months to be well and it's taking Kevin's mom at least twice that. They even did a fecal transplant on her.  All kinds of Eeeww.

On the shiny side/dark side, when they did a colonoscopy, they found a cancerous mass.  They removed it but they have to return to remove another section.

The problem being is the C. Diff. and her failing health.  She is not well enough to undergo anesthesia so they're going to do it the same way as the colonoscopy.  This seems unpleasant, I'm not going to lie.

The procedure is on Christmas Eve.  In Seattle.  (two hours away) Merry Christmas.

Shiny side is that they found it.  It could have waited for another year for her annual check.  This is extra shiny side as it's an aggressive form of cancer caught early.

Dark side is, well, all of it.

We have known for years that something like this was going to happen.  She's been in poor health for years.  All of her siblings have had or died from cancer so clearly they carry the gene.

Kevin is taking it well.  Kind of like was stated in the above paragraph, he's known for years and he is a realist. We talk about it in little chunks at a time so we can both deal at our own pace.

At the same time, I'm having issues with my bionics.  I have (squick alert) a screw protruding.  I have an appointment with the ortho surgeon on Thursday to see what to do with that.  I'm sure it's going to be pleasant.

So, recap: boring job, cancer, Christmas, and protruding screw.  So. Much. Stuff.


1 comment:

Swistle said...

Christmas Eve surgery is...full pity material, that's what it is. I hope it goes well and she feels okay for Christmas.