31 December 2014

New Year's Meme

It’s back! The New Years Meme!  

1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
I’m not sure.  It was a weird year.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?


Not really, at all.  Massive car repairs took replacing appliances off the list.  Write daily was better than years past but still not achieved.  I have culled and converted our CD’s but I’m still stalled at what to do with the remaining ones. I suspect separation anxiety.

My resolutions for 2014:
1. Replace three major appliances. This is a resolution and not task because I keep putting it off.
2. Write Daily...be it an email, a tweet, a post, something.  Facebook and to-do lists don't count
3. Deal with the three million obsolete cd's that we have, which means learning to convert them. 

My resolutions for 2015:

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?


Not this year, but a friend is pregnant.

4. Did anyone close to you die?


Yes, we lost a friend to suicide this summer.

5. What countries did you visit?


"Oh Canada, our home and native land.."

6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
Healthy Family Members 

7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My last day at my work.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?



9. What was your biggest failure?
Kevin would disagree but I think caving and taking a private sector job instead of waiting for a non-profit job.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Sorta.  It turns out I’m having an allergic reaction to my bionics & will need to have them removed.

11. What was the best thing you bought?


Books?

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The Nephew, again. He's a champ.  

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?


Former and current “leaders” of my former job.

14. Where did most of your money go?


Same as every year: Bills, Racecar, Vegas trip. Books. Amazon. Mochas!

15. What did you get really excited about?
I can’t really think of something.  It was kind of that kind of year.

16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Happy by Pharrell Williams.  Stemming from multiple 30-second dance parties with my former coworker.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? I’m ambivalent, right now.
– thinner or fatter? Same-ish
– richer or poorer? About the same

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?


Read.  I didn’t seem to have time to read this year.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?


Experiencing melodrama

20. How did you spend Christmas?


Eve - at my parents after a very long day at the hospital
Day - Next door, immersed in children's excitement and food

21. Did you fall in love in 2014?
Every day.

22. What was your favorite TV program?


I always have a difficult time choosing favorites. Doctor Who. Castle, Big Bang Theory, Parenthood, Scandal, Project Runway. Greys Anatomy

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?


No. I'm not a hater. It's a waste of time

24. What was the best book you read?
The Lemon Orchard.  It wasn’t at all what I expected.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Eric Church

26. What did you want and get?
Time.

27. What did you want and not get?
A CPSA championship (same as last year)

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Best Most Exotic Marigold Hotel. (not necessarily a 2014 movie but that’s when I watched it)

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
46 and I had to work for the first time in many, many years.  Inventory, nonetheless. Kevin and I went out to dinner sans family then went to the local bookstore.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not being laid off.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Hoodies. New sneakers.  Purple.

32. What kept you sane?


Mochas. Kevin. Lucy. Television.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Craig Ferguson. I’m so bummed that he’s not doing his show anymore.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?


Legalization of gay marriage. I'm loving watch the number of states increase.

35. Who did you miss?


My former co-workers.

36. Who was the best new person you met?


I’m not sure.  I have new coworkers but I don’t know them very well at all.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.


Go down swinging.


No comments: